Maintaining dental health from a young age is crucial. With good home care and regular dental visits, your child can enjoy a radiant, healthy smile for years. Here’s a streamlined guide to preventing plaque and cavities:
- Ensure your child brushes twice daily using a soft toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste, including the tongue’s surface for freshness.
- Floss daily to reach spaces between teeth where a toothbrush might miss. Consider a mouthwash for added bacteria protection and fresher breath.
- Encourage a balanced diet and limit sugary treats. Opt for nutritious snacks like raw veggies, yogurt, cheese, or fruit.
- Schedule dentist visits every six months for professional cleanings.
- Discuss dental sealants with your dentist; they shield the back teeth from potential decay.
- If your child is into sports, ask about protective mouthguards.